As a Crew Leader you will provide landscape maintenance, landscape irrigation, or landscape construction support to a variety of industrial, commercial, and/or public properties thru subordinate crew members. You must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include training crew members assigned, planning workiste duties, directing work, escalating complaints/issues to upper management.
- Drives crew to and from all worksites daily Monday – Friday (Saturday if Needed).
- Performs a variety of tasks involving manual labor in landscape, irrigation, landscape maintenance and/or construction projects.
- Assigns daily tasks to crew.
- Must uphold company policies, procedures, and company core values at all times.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Fills out daily paperwork as required including truck logs, irrigation reporst, work logs etc..
- Ensures al equipment is in good working order and ensures appropiate PM is done all equipment weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools and shears.
- Trains and evaluates the effectiveness of all crew members assigned.
- Mantains schedule routes and ensuring service expectations are met on every worksite.
- Ensures proper use and care and inventory of company units, equipment and tools assigned for use.
- Communicates crew performance issues to field managers with recommendations for corrective action.
- Mows turf using various sized power mowers, trimming and edging using a gas-powered edger/trimmer, and operating a gas-powered blower.
- Properly and safely, prune shrubs, clenas landscape beds, removes weeds, trim low trees as needed to improve the shape of growth habit or to remove damaed branches.
- Properly and safely, operate the edger and line trimmer along sidewalks, flowerbeds, trees, buildings, fences and other objects.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs and trees with fertilizer, herbicides and insecticides.
- Perform weeding by hand, using a garden hoe or hula hoop.
- Maintain a polite, friendly, responsive demeanor with customers.
- Makes repairs on all equipment assigned.
- Must be Team Orientated and must deal with stress management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel is required for this position and includes local and overnight, out-of-area travel.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as Crew Lead or Supervisor.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean record.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing